Instagram Story is one of the reasons that people spend more time on Instagram, which is good news for brands and businesses; the link option gives Instagram users the opportunity to talk about their business, product, service, etc. In other words, adding link to Instagram Story is really helpful in driving traffic to the business’s website.
Basically, links on the Instagram Story let users swipe up and then enter in a website. By adding links to the Story, you’ll get rid of the link in bio, which means more viewers and more traffic.
Why do you need to add a link to the Instagram Story?
Have you ever thought about the benefits of adding a link to Instagram Story? Why should users add a link to Instagram Stories?
The goal is crystal clear; people add a link to their Instagram Story to earn money; actually some people make a living from Instagram.
Which Instagram accounts can add a link to their Story?
- Instagram accounts with more than 10K followers can use the “Swipe Up” feature in Instagram Story.
- Verified Instagram accounts can add a link to their Instagram Story.
- Users can use Instagram ads.
- Instagram accounts with less than 10K followers can share a link in the bio section of their profile.
How to add Swipe Up to the Instagram Story?
- First of all, Instagram users who want to add a link to their Instagram Stories, need to be a business account. Make sure whether you have 10K followers or a verified account. (If having 10,000 followers seems impossible for you, try to verify your Instagram account, here is how to get verified on Instagram)
- Upload, take a photo or video or boomerang to add it to your Instagram Story.
- Tap on the Link icon on the Story, which looks like a chain.
- Tap on “+URL” or “Web Link.”
- Enter or paste the link in the blank part.
- Click “Done” and publish the Story.
- Tip: Before pressing “add your Story” icon, you should add a call-to-action text to grab followers’ attention, such as “Swipe up for more”, “See more here”, “Want more? Swipe Up”, “Swipe Up for the tutorial”, “Get 20% off till Saturday”, etc.
- Now the published Story has the “See More” swipe up Link. View your Story to and swipe up to make sure that the link works correctly.
What if you don’t have 10K followers for adding a link to Instagram Story?
Not having 10K followers doesn’t mean that you can’t add the link to the Instagram Story, you still have the chance to add a link, but in IGTV; although Instagram doesn’t let user who have less than 10K followers add link to their Instagram Story, but there are some tricks to get around Instagram’s limits.
With the Instagram’s IGTV feature, you can add a link to Instagram Story. The trick is, Instagram users can add a link in the description part of the IGTV, which is clickable. So, if you like it, keep reading,
First of all, you should record a video on IGTV and explain a bit about the link that you want to share, for example:
” Hi Everybody, it has been a while that I am using an Instagram auto direct message service, which saves my time whenever I want to send a direct message to a group of my followers, new followers, etc. If you are looking for a way to send auto direct messages or send direct messages online, I recommend using Instazood.”
Then share a Story and tell the followers to swipe up and watch the IGTV video. Instead of adding a link straight from the Instagram Story, the followers would visit the IGTV and then see the link in the description and tap on it.
Now you can link the IGTV to the Instagram Story and tell the followers to “hit the link on IGTV’s description”
Moreover, you can verify the Instagram account and add a swipe up to the Story, instead of using IGTV.
What else can I do for my business on Instagram?
Just don’t be afraid if you can’t add a swipe up to the Instagram Story, here there are some other ways to have a successful business on Instagram:
- How to promote a business on Instagram?
- Why Is Instagram the best Social Media Platform for Business?
- How to Use Instagram to Grow your E-Commerce Business?
- How to Grow your Small Business with Instagram?
Also, it’s a good thing to have your username linked on someone else’s bio, because it gives your account more visibility and allows their followers to find you.
How to add a link to Instagram bio?
Adding a link to Instagram bio will get you a good result if the Instagram profile has a lot of views. Since Instagram users can only share a single link on their Instagram bio, they have always wished to find a way to share several links on bio. The good news is there are several tools that make your dreams come true!
Now let’s know more about the tools that let us add several links in Instagram bio:
iLink is a free service that lets you add multiple links, video, and music on the platform and share the single link with others in Instagram bio or any other places. Besides all its useful features, the best part about iLink is that you can simply design the page.
All you need to do
Benefits of using iLink:
- Direct your audiences to the right place
The micro-landing page helps you to send viewers to the right place.
- All your connection in one place
iLink provides you an integrated place for your most important links and connections
- Define how your audiences contact you
You can add your newest contact info, and desired contact medium (email, social media, phone, website) to the microsite.
- Easy connections for influencers
If you are an influencer, iLink is the best place for you to connect easily and instantly with your audiences.
Even if you don’t have 10K followers or a verified Instagram account to add a link to the Instagram Story, you can still use iLink and add several links in one Link in order to share it on Instagram story or bio.
Songwhip finds your song on all the major music platforms and creates a single link that you can share with your audience. When users land on your Songwhip link they can jump straight into their favorite app and you get more people streaming your music.
How to put a link in Instagram bio?
- Open the Instagram app and tap on the “Profile” button in the lower right corner of the app. Tap ” “Edit your profile.”
- Then tap the “Website” field and the check icon on the top right of the page.
Type or paste the link into the Website box and then tap the “Save” button near the bottom of the page. The link appears on your profile immediately.
All in all
Since Instagram users can’t add a link to images and videos on their Instagram posts, they should have 10K followers to add a swipe up link to their Story or use services that let you add several links, videos, and music on Instagram bio such as iLink. Adding a link to Instagram Story is a smart way to drive more traffic to the website. What do you think about the clickable links on Instagram Stories? Have you ever used the Swipe Up feature or any service that lets you add several links on bio? We are all ears to hear about your experiences.