Recently Instagram has made a few changes in its restrictions. Instagram’s limits for following, unfollowing and liking have remained unclear since today.
Ambitious brands were made to test the limits themselves at risk of being temporarily or permanently banned if they needed to get attention on the platform. We want to interpret and share the exact reasons why you can be banned on Instagram so that you can prevent it for your Instagram account.
1- Do not post content that violates the copyright
Remember that a lot of people can notice and report it. Keep an eye on the content you post: it must be unique, or at least use picture banks service and make sure the owner of the particular picture is informed of sharing his work. This is also relevant to music and videos, so you should cautiously check whether you can incorporate that video or that particular song in your post.
2- Do not use banned #Hashtags
Instagram bans specific hashtags that work against its terms and conditions, or are dangerous to the Instagram community. These are hashtags that encourage violence, nudity or violate other community guidelines. But it also somewhat bans hashtags that are being abused all the time, by hiding the latest posts within the hashtag’s results but providing the relevant top posts. For instance, the hashtag #boho only showcases top posts since users frequently misused it.
3- Various IP addresses or Devices
If you usually change your IP-address or entering your account from multiple devices, you also risk being blocked.
4- Post Regularly
One of the leading reasons for Instagram being such a success is the precious nature of the social networking medium. You should post photos on Instagram and remember that it is the regular posting that counts. An active appearance of your Instagram profile can usually save you from getting blocked.
5- Complete your Instagram profile
This is extremely important. Add a short bio in your Instagram profile. Also, make sure you have a real profile picture. This brings authenticity to your Instagram account.
6- If you are one of the newbies
If you are new to Instagram, remember to post for yourself, before following other people. Generally, a good start includes posting photos regularly, maybe for 2-3 days after regular interludes, because you never know Instagram might pick up and block you for not posting enough.
7- Do not pass the limits!
This will definitely get you banned. Pay attention to Instagram limits for like and follow:
- Like limits: 350 likes per hour
- Follow limits: 20 accounts per hour (no more than 7500 people)
8- Do not post photos of documents
Photos of documents (insurance, passport, driver’s license, information about bank accounts and credit cards) trigger the system, and so do fake accounts.
What to do if Instagram already blocks you?
- Go to this link
- Tap on “My account has been hacked” and then “Report this.”
- Fill out the form.
- Mark the box “My account has been hacked; I have other problems.”
- Attach a picture of any document of your legal entity to confirm the connection with Instagram and the account.
- Submit the form after filling out.
- You should check your mail, as you will receive an automatic letter-request for a full description of the query.
- Answer the email in detail and wait for a response. If your Instagram account is reinstated, you’ll receive official notification about it.
- You should receive an answer in a few days. If not, you can try resending the request. It’s possible that your email will come to a more competent member of the Instagram support team, and your issue will be resolved.
If you have any other questions about Instagram and Instagram marketing, let us know in the comments below.