Instagram lets you control which people can see your photos and videos. A twist in the way Instagram works means it can be hard or impossible to block people from viewing your posts if they’ve already blocked you.
So, if someone blocked you, to prevent not seeing your content anymore, you can also block the person back.
8 symptoms to tell if someone blocked you on Instagram?
There are many ways to know if someone blocked you on Instagram.
- If you search the username on the Instagram search bar, it won’t appear
- Likes and comments will be disappeared
- The number of your following and followers will be decreased
- In case you find the username on the search bar and you go to the profile, it shows “No Posts Yet”
- In case you could go to profile, it shows empty space in their following and followers
- The pop up appears on the top “user not found”
- You won’t be able to follow the person anymore
- The conversation on Instagram direct messages will be disappeared
Can the person who blocked me on Instagram still see my profile?
If someone blocks you on Instagram, they no longer can see your photos, followers, or following, and even the Instagram DMs. However, they may access the empty profile through their Instagram search history or any remained direct message.
You also cannot see their profile and content, but in the first few days, you may access the empty profile through your DMs or saved Instagram history in the search bar. So, you can use this option to block back the person who has blocked you on Instagram.
If you want to do so, it is better to do it sooner, because later you may have no access to their profile.
How to Block Someone Who Already Blocked you on Instagram?
For this purpose, you should first be able to see the profile. so, it is better you do this right after you found that the person blocked you. Because the profile won’t be reachable after a few hours.
There are 2 ways to find the person’s profile:
- If the profile is still searchable on the Instagram search bar
- Through Instagram direct message (if you have already had conversations)
To block someone who already blocked you through Instagram profile:
In some cases, you can find the profile of who has already blocked you on the Instagram feed search bar. To block the user through Instagram search bar:
- Find the profile through the Instagram feed search bar
- Tap on three dots icon on the top right,
- Tap on block
- Tap on “dismiss”
- You will see the unblock bottom when the user is blocked
To block someone who already blocked you on Instagram DM:
If you had a conversation with anyone, you can also block him/her through the conversations on Instagram DM to block the user through Instagram direct message:
- Find the profile through the Instagram direct search bar and
- Tap on the exclamation mark on the top right
- Tap on block
- Tap on dismiss and you will see the unblock bottom
If you are going to do any actions on Instagram, it is better to read more about it first. Instazood blog is the best place to search and find out about the different social media actions including Instagram actions and TikTok.