Many Instagram users are looking for ways to change the email on their Instagram account. You may also want to change your email address for different reasons.
If you are having problems with your Instagram account for one reason or another, it is important to change your email address on the Instagram account to avoid losing it completely. Whether it has been hacked or you forgotten your password, the process is straightforward and easy.
Many Instagram users register with false email or old email addresses they no longer use. Even though it might be a good thing to use fake emails for security concerns, there may be different issues in the future.
If you’ve used a fake email address to register your IG account, you may have issues recovering your Instagram account in case of a tragedy! So, if your Instagram is linked to one of your old email addresses which you longer have access to, you must consider changing it to prevent losing your Instagram account.
Therefore, if you used a former or false email, follow these steps to change your Instagram email:
How to change the email on the Instagram App?
You can change your Instagram email address via the web or through the Instagram application.
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap the “Edit profile.”
- Your email address will show up below the “private information.”
- Make sure the email address is correct.
- Tap on it to edit the email address.
- Tap “Done” to complete the process.
- After changing your Instagram email address, you will receive a confirmation of your new email address.
- Open the email and confirm your email address.
Remember, without verifying your email address, you won’t be able to access your account via that email. If you have any further problems with your Instagram account, read our other blogs to find a solution, or comment us below.
Change Instagram email without logging in
You can change the email address even you do not log in to your Instagram account.
But before trying this way, make sure you have access to the phone number or email you signed up.
If you do not have access to the phone numbers or previous email addresses, you MAY LOSE your account.
This is a similar way users use to take their accounts back. In the end, Instagram will ask you for the new email address and phone number. In that stage, you can enter any email address.
- Go to Instagram login
- Tap on the forgotten password
- Tap on needing more help
- Back to Instagram login and enter the username or number or email address
- Wait until Instagram take you to the page of changing password
- Follow the instruction until it shows you the page of confirming the email address
- Enter the new email address and phone number
Changing Instagram email is comfortable in both ways with login in and without login. If you can enter the account, go to the profile, and change the email. If you cannot open the account, you should use the forgotten password option on Instagram.