Instagram is cleaning up its hashtags. You may notice that some hashtags don’t work anymore. So it’s a sign that they can get your Instagram account in trouble if you use them. Some hashtags can even get your account blocked on Instagram!
- check the hashtags before you use them in your caption.
- Avoid using banned Instagram hashtags.
- Some hashtags are using as spams with inappropriate content like nudity. Therefore, Instagram is going to block those hashtags.
- Banned hashtags can be as ridiculous as #desk or #thought or #skype.
- Some of them are banned temporarily, others indefinitely.
It seems reasonable to avoid using banned hashtags on Instagram. Because who knows what is going on with the Instagram algorithm at the moment?
If you have been following the articles on our site, you will know about this thing called “the Instagram shadowban.”
Hashtags are playing a significant role in this. They are one of the reasons why you stop getting likes, followers, comments and engagements on Instagram.
Why? Because Instagram will make you “invisible.” so Your whole hashtag section won’t work anymore.
So it’s better if you stop this from happening before it’s too late.
1- Search the hashtag on Instagram
You should follow these steps if you want to find out if a hashtag is blocked on Instagram:
- Go to your explore page (the magnifying glass button)
- Type the hashtag in the search bar
- If it doesn’t appear in the search results, you would know that the hashtag is banned by Instagram.
Note! The hashtag could be blocked temporarily or indefinitely. This means that one day it might be back from being blocked.
- If it appears in the search result, tap on it. You should make sure it has not been banned. Sometimes they will show up on the search results but they link to a broken page.
2- Search the hashtag in a third party app
If you are using the preview app:
- Go to the caption section.
- Type your specific hashtag.
- If it does not appear in the search result, you
- shouldn’t use it.
- Search the hashtag before using them.
- Save your safe hashtags somewhere to re-use them anytime you want.
- Use specific community hashtags
- Put them in the captions and not in the comments.
Let us know below if you found this article helpful and if you have any questions.