Instagram has become the new diary for everyone. You can find out about your mood changes over time through the quick scroll on your Instagram page. There is psychology analyze behind every picture you post. How you felt, what was on your mind, your needs and your focus at that time. Your subconscious will show itself in your Instagram posts.
Your images can reveal if you are conscientious, famous or even depressed.
So if you want to know someone you just met, search their name on Instagram and take a look upon their page. From religion to emotions and diet, Instagram reveals a lot about them.
How to know people on their Instagram page?
- Depressed people post more frequently on Instagram
How often they post on Instagram can show their mental health. Researchers from Vermont university analyze 43000 Instagram posts of 166 users, and it turns out users with depression post more frequently than others. They had more faces in their photos without using filters.
- People who post a lot about their romantic relationship on Instagram are more likely to have low self-esteem, or they are insecure about their relationships.
If they post a lot of pictures with their partner and write their relationship status on their bio, they are too dependent on their partner and cover their low self-esteem with the fact that they are in a relationship! It also can mean that they are insecure about what they have or just don’t feel enough and need other people to see them together and know they are good with each other so that they can believe it as well!
- If all you can see on their Instagram photos are selfies in different positions, it shows that they are in love with themselves (narcissists) or they are looking for approval and validation.
- If they post a lot of group pictures, they are extroverts and outgoing. But if their profile is full of group photos, they are showing off their popularity, but they are lonely inside.
- If they have colorful pictures with a wide smile on their face, they like cooperations. They are cheerful, and they want to share their vibe with others as well.
- If they mostly choose black and white filters for their pictures on Instagram, they are neurotic. They might be a little depressed and emotional. Or maybe negative at some points. They see the empty half of the glass.
- If they post a lot of food pictures, they want to show how much they are enjoying their lives and create a fancy image of themselves. Or maybe they are just fat or a chef! Lol
- If they have a funny account, there are two options for them:
1- They want to hide their problems and show a delightful face to other people out there. They might use humor as a defense mechanism. (like Chandler!)
2- They are so confident, and they don’t care about what people might think about them.
3- They are just funny!
- People who post photos with no filter or pose have reached a very stable state of mind and maturity. They don’t need others approval.
- People who post a lot of gym selfies are topless photos showing their six-packs, are in fact narcissists. They might have personality issues or emptiness in their souls, so they want to hide their soul and mind behind physical appearance.
- Book-grams who post photos of books placed aesthetically have informative and intellectual, they are people with deep thoughts, and they are mostly introverts.
- People who post pictures of their pet or cute animals are playful and sentimental.
- People who post meaningful quotes either want to pick themselves up or hope to motivate someone else on Instagram. They come in with good intentions.
- People who post photos with captions that speak of how much better their life is that everyone else is total narcissists and full of obsessions.
- Some people post a lot of happy birthday posts to avoid saying it in person and look better as a friend!
How to show a good Instagram personality?
If you are running your business on Instagram, or you have your account, it is better to know some rules before being much active on Instagram.
First of all, you should know that Instagram is looking for healthy communities getting together on Instagram. They have allowed business on Instagram, but not spamming. So, all you do, you should care for users.
Here are some rules that you better consider on Instagram:
- Don’t do Instagram actions in bulk
if you follow, unfollow, like or insert a comment in bulk, you might get action blocked by Instagram. If you have recently opened your Instagram, make sure that you are not showing unusual activities. Try to keep following or unfollowing about 30 per day. And this is true for liking other posts.
You can control the Instagram activities using Instagram automation tools. These tools, such as the Instagram bot, can control who you follow, unfollow, and how many likes or comments you insert. They mimic your behaviors on Instagram, but all these actions are in control.
- Avoid harassment or bullying
Instagram won’t allow users bullying in the comments, posts, or even stories. Instagram can easily detect hate speech and delete your posts. This is also is not suitable for your brand reputation or circle of friends.
- Stay positive
try to keep your surrounding positive on Instagram. Avoid inserting comments that hurt others. If you keep the environment positive and insert valuable comments, you might get pinned by the account author. If you are using Instagram automation tools, you can set the comment. The bot will automatically send it to you.
- Valuable content
Please make note that what is worthy of Instagram is unique and valuable content. Instagram has tremendous respect for creators, and it is allocated more space for them to create on Instagram.
So the next time you got a crush on someone, first check their Instagram account to know their personality and then make your move!