Facebook, as the parent company of Instagram, is making a lot of efforts to ease the interaction between the two platforms, one of the best of which is synchronizing contacts lists between Facebook and Instagram.
While finding new and trustworthy friends on Instagram seems difficult, the ability to connect with friends you already know on Facebook can be quite blessing. Let’s learn how to follow Facebook friends on Instagram.
How to follow Facebook friends on Instagram?
To connect to your Facebook contacts on Instagram, follow the steps below:
- Go to Instagram setting and tap on “Follow and Invite Friends.”
- Then select “Follow contacts.”
- In this menu, select the “Suggested” tab on the top of the screen, and you will see
“Connectto Facebook.” Tap on it, and all your Facebook friends who have Instagram accounts will appear.
However, sometimes, the instruction just mentioned above does not work. In the following section, you will find out about some possible cases where you are not able to follow Facebook friends on Instagram.
Why can’t you connect with your Facebook friends on Instagram?
Most probably, you can’t follow your FB friends on Instagram because:
- You have followed a lot of people in a short duration on Instagram, and you got action-blocked for a limited time.
- Your Facebook friends are not on Instagram.
- Your Instagram and Facebook account are not connected.
- It is a bug from the Instagram side.
How to fix can’t follow Facebook friends on Instagram?
- If it is the first case, i.e., action-block, then you need to wait. Usually, Instagram applies the action-block for 3 hours on your account. If you repeat the mass following action, the next action-block will last for 24 hours, then three days, then ten days, then 30 days and if you repeat, you will be action-blocked forever.
- If your Facebook friends are not on, Instagram, you can always invite them to sign up and connect with you. To do this go to settings->Follow and Invite Friends. Here you will see three options to Invite your friends who are not on Instagram: by What’s app, by SMS or Email and by …. Select one of them and send the invitation message.
- If your Facebook and Instagram are not connected, you won’t be able to follow Facebook friends on Instagram. To connect the two, go to Instagram settings->Account->Linked Accounts->Facebook. Link the two accounts, and you will see and follow your Facebook friends on Instagram.
- If this is a bug on the side of Instagram, try either of these fixes:
- Use BlueStacks: Install BlueStacks on your PC. Then log in to your Instagram account using this third party app. This will fix the bug both for Android and iOS users.
- Uninstall Instagram and download the version40 of the application: Version40 of Instagram is the only version that doesn’t have this bug. Instagram is still having problems on newer versions, and they are trying to fix it.
Instagram and Facebook are so interconnected that to be able to follow Facebook friends on Instagram will give you significant advantages. While synchronizing the two platforms is a simple thing to do, some users might experience inconvenience when trying to do the task. I tried to provide you with all the possible cases and solutions so that your problems will be solved. If not fixed, remember that there are fixes offered by Instagram in their new releases. Try to always keep up with their updates and get the problem solved.