There are a lot of people googling how to hide their pictures on Instagram. Some of them are even searching for how to remove images and comments.
After doing some Research, I understood there aren’t many instructions for these issues. So in this article, I am going to show you how to hide your profile and photos on Instagram.
How to hide your profile on Instagram?
“We have adopted a follower model that means if you’re “public” on Instagram, anyone can subscribe to follow your photos. We do, however, have a special private option. In this mode, a user can make sure he/she must approve all follow requests before they go through.” –Instagram
- Open Instagram
- Go to your profile by tapping on the name card icon
- Tap on the hamburger icon at top right to open the menu.
- Scroll down to find privacy. Tap on it!
- Now tap on “privacy and security.”
- “Press the toggle switch, and you will receive the following message, “Toggle to require authorization before anyone can follow you. Your existing followers won’t be affected.” Sounds promising enough.
- Turn the “Off” button to “On” by pressing it.
How to hide your pictures on Instagram?
You can’t hide your photos but you can delete or archive them from your Instagram profile, and they’ll still be in your library (Scroll down for guidance on how to remove pictures). That’ll hide them from your followers and non-followers. You’ll still be able to share the picture later from your photo library.
How to Delete a Photo on Instagram?
- Find the photo you want to remove
- You can either go to your profile and search directly or scroll your Instagram feed.
- Below the photo to the right of the comment button, there is a different button with three dots
- Tap on it for a menu including:
- Delete, Share, Copy Share URL, Email
- Tap on Delete
- Tap on confirm.
- Click on Delete again
- Your picture will be removed from Instagram.
What do you think?
Do you know any other ways to hide your photos and profile from Instagram? Share with us in the comments below.