Sometimes it is necessary to find a way to watch what someone has posted on Instagram Stories without them knowing that you’re stalking them sitting on the couch waiting for them to update.
How to view Instagram stories anonymously
As you probably already know, anyone who posts a Story on Instagram has a viewer list. They can view each and every person who has seen their Story. As you can imagine, the situation can get really awkward if an ex-lover or a sworn enemy finds you sneaking a peek at their posts!
It is quite embarrassing to be caught watching someone’s Story that you probably should not be watching; that is why you need to do it anonymously. In this article, we suggest a dozen ways to go about it; from creating a Finsta (Instagram fake account) that no one will find out about it to more advanced and creative methods.
There are quite a handful of websites that allow you to view Stories anonymously on Instagram.
- You can view and save Stories by searching the usernames on this website.
Create a New Account
You can stay anonymous even with an Instagram account! To achieve this, you must create a fake account and do a few things.
- First, you want to make sure the username is as disconnected from you or your main account’s username as possible.
- Do not use a photo of yourself as a profile pic. Perhaps it is best to add a realistic name and bio as well.
- Make the account private.
- Most importantly, because you want this account to be unknown, do not add your phone number; that way, your contacts will not be able to find you. Do not use the same email address as your main account. Use a fake email instead.
- Lastly, make sure none of your accounts on other social platforms like Twitter or Facebook are linked to your Finsta.
There are several apps to search and save Stories privately for both Android and IOS users. Here are a few:
Story Saver for Android
You have to log in to your account. However, it will keep your identity hidden when seeing Stories. You can use this app with multiple accounts.
Storized for IOS
This one has pretty similar features as the app above but is available for IOS.
Story Reposter for IOS
7. Use IG stories for Instagram or StoriesWatcher Extension
This Chrome extension allows you to view stories without an account and being seen. The alternative for Firefox is StoriesWatcher. The second option for Chrome is Hiddengram.
8. View Instagram Stories with Siri Shortcuts
If your device is running on IOS 13 or above, you can use the Shortcut app to view stories anonymously, among other things. To do that, open this link with Safari for viewing and downloading Instagram stories. Once you run this shortcut, you will be asked to enter the arbitrary account’s link or username. Then, it will search Instagram to give you a quick preview of all the available stories. You have the option to tap on the Share button to download the Story.
9. Airplane Mode Trick View Instagram Stories Privately
This is the ultimate genius trick. To implement it, you need to first open your Instagram account and wait for a few minutes for all the Stories to be loaded. Then turn on your phone’s flight mode and browse Stories. This way, Instagram shows you the pre-loaded stories, and since you are disconnected from the internet, your account will not be shown on the Story’s viewed list. Additionally, if you prefer to add another level of security, exit the app and close it from the background applications while still disconnected from the internet.
10. The small peek
If you are not sure about seeing someone’s Story, you can use the “peek” method. Instagram’s Stories appear back to back. To use this trick first, you need to go to the last Story of another account right before your target account’s Story. Then partially swipe left to the next Story but do not swipe all the way! This way, you get a glimpse of your target account’s Story.
I can show you a sneaky way to look at their stories without your name appearing on the list of their story viewers.1. Find the story you want to see and view the story right next to it on your feed instead. For example, Let’s say we’re dying to see Izkiz’s story and are using Rizcarlton’s as a tool to get what we want.
2. We should pause at a spot in Izkiz’s story by pressing and holding on the story.
3. Now, we should use our free hand to swipe left on the screen gently and hold it there. You can see a part of the story, right?
4. Remember not to get too enthusiastic with your swipe; when you pull back into the secondary story again, you’ll spot that the circle on the desired one is still 100% intact. Success. That means you haven’t officially viewed the person’s content.
Do not swipe too hard left or right otherwise you will become one of the story viewers of your target. Have this in mind that you can’t exactly see a lot of what’s going on from one tiny portion of the clip.
But anyway, this is a great and easy way to fool the system.lol!