As you may already know, Instagram has recently followed Snapchat’s footsteps by launching a story feature. This feature lets you share multiple photos or videos with your Followers, which will ‘disappear’ after 24 hours.
Most of the people were uncertain about how to react towards the initiation of Instagram stories, with some people being excited to test it out and others showing signs of disappointment in the clear mimic. In this blog, I’ll be sharing a few useful pieces of information about Instagram stories.
How to tell who has viewed your Instagram story?
You certainly can see who has viewed your story within 24 hours of posting that. After this time, you will not be able to see the viewers, and you only can see the number of views. Even if you highlight the story the viewers will disappear from the story. To see who has viewed your story (before 24 hours of publishing the story.
1- Open Instagram on your iOS or Android device.
2- Tap on your story, so it starts playing
3- Swipe up on your story; if anyone has viewed your story, their username will display on the bottom of the screen in the viewers’ list.
Note! This only reveals the people who’ve viewed this particular story. If you have another picture or video in your Instagram story, swipe up on it to see its viewers list.
That’s it. You can see the list of your followers and non-followers who has viewed your story on Instagram. Way to catch your unknown stalkers with Instagram stories.
How to see Instagram someone’s story without letting them know?
As you know, anyone can see your name if you open their story. So, if you want to see someone story without letting them know, you should do some tricks. However, it depends on the account status whether it is private or public.
To see someone story anonymously if the account is public:
You can search the internet from Instagram story viewer. So, all you need is to enter the person profile URL in the box, and watch the story. Please note that you only can see the story if it is public account. Otherwise you should be in their followers list.
- Open anyone’s profile that you are going to watch their stories
- Tap three dot icon on top right
- Copy the profile URL
- Search for any Instagram story viewer on Google
- Find the box to put the URL
- Paste the URL into the box
- Wait until stories load
Now, you can see the stories anonymously without them knowing.
To see someone story anonymously if the account is private:
This one is a bit challenging because you cannot use any Instagram viewer.
- The only way you can use is having an account that they do not know is belong to you. You can follow them, and if the accept the request you can see their content.
- You can also use someone else account (if already is in their followers list) to watch the stories.
- There is one more way. You can change your name in your profile. So, they won’t realize that is you. After 24 hours, your name will disappear and you can change it to the original one. However, this way is a bit challenging and may be time consuming. To change your name, you can go to your profile and from Edit profile change the name and username.
It is easy to watch someone story if the account is public. However, if the account is private it is become challenging. If you want to know who has viewed your story you should check before the story disappears.