The short answer is yes you can! You can unlink your phone number from your Instagram account. This means that you can unlink your phone number from your Instagram so that users who have you on their contacts can’t find you on Instagram by syncing their contacts.
The thing is you can’t remove your phone number from Instagram if you haven’t linked an email to your Instagram account. So you should add an email address to your Instagram profile, so you don’t have to add a phone number too.
Unlinking phone number from the Instagram account
- First, you should make sure you have added an email to your Instagram account because you need at least one way of contact so you can get back your account if you got hacked or if you forgot your password. If the only contact way you have is your phone number, you can’t remove your phone number.
- If you have added an email to your Instagram account, make sure it is reachable and functioning.
- Verify your email, and then Instagram will let you remove your phone number.
So if you want to prevent your contacts from finding you on Instagram, you should follow these steps:
1- Make sure you add an email to your Instagram account.
2- Verify your email
3- Go to your Instagram settings
4- Click on your number and then click the X on the right corner of the screen.
5- Done! Now you have no phone number linked to your Instagram account.
How to remove your contact list on your Instagram account (disconnect syncing contacts)
If you want to disconnect syncing contacts with your Instagram you should follow these steps:
- Go to your Instagram profile
- Tap the setting icon
- Tap contacts below setting part
- Toggle “connect ” from on to off.
Note! If you disconnect your contacts from your Instagram, the previous contact info which was synced by you will be automatically removed from Instagram.