Instagram limits its users to post and interact with if they are logged in by a computer. From instagram.com, you can typically scroll through your feeds and view the latest posts, but you can’t upload photos or send & receive direct messages.
What if you work consistently on a computer? You might want to send direct messages from the desktop. In this article, we’re going to show you how to check or view your Instagram Direct Messages on PC or Mac.
- Use the Instagram app for Windows
- Use Bluestacks windows or mac
- Use a third party app
1- Use the Instagram app for Windows
Instagram has an app on Windows Store, that lets you send a photo and direct video message from your PC. You can download this Instagram App for Windows for free, log in to your account to send a direct message on your computer.
- Get the Instagram app for Windows from Microsoft Store.
- Install the app on your Windows PC,
- sign in to your Instagram account
- Tap on the “Direct message” icon
- select the friend whom you want to direct message
Note: This is the most comfortable and most convenient way to direct message someone on Instagram from the desktop, but the downside is that it is only available for Windows 10.
2- Use Bluestacks windows or mac
Bluestacks is an Android emulator that changes your Windows or Mac computer into an Android device. So you can sign in with your Google account and install Instagram in your virtual Android device.
- Download Bluestacks from their website, install and launch it on your computer.
- Log in to your Google account and click on the “Arrow” icon at the right side of your screen.
- You’ll be redirected to the Bluestacks dashboard.
- Go to Google Play Store
- search and download the Instagram app.
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your Instagram account.
- click on “Instagram Direct.”
- select the desired conversion to start messaging.