Instagram is undeniably an excellent platform for sharing pictures and videos. While it encourages public sharing, it doesn’t restrict its users from getting private accounts either.
So How can you view private profiles on Instagram? Luckily, getting access to someone’s private Instagram profile is not missile science and can be done with a couple of various solutions.
Hey, at least it is doable, not impossible! Read on to find out how to view private Instagram profiles.
How to View Private Instagram Profiles?
Okay. Maybe you are trying to find out more about someone you barely know, and you realize that she has an Instagram account. You’ll want to connect with her through Instagram, but then understand that her account is private. So what can you do?
1- Send A Follow Request
One of the best ways to view private Instagram accounts is by asking the owners directly. It doesn’t matter if they know you or otherwise.
Here are some tips to assist you with the process.
- Ask politely: Send them a follow request on Instagram and wait for them to approve. If you’re a friend of their friend or someone they already know, then it won’t be long until they accept your follow request. Once they’ve accepted you, you can see their pictures, videos, and Instagram stories instantly.
- Be patient: After sending the follow request, wait calmly. Give them some time. You might get lucky and have them accept your follow request in no time even if they don’t know you. Of course, this depends on the users you are trying to connect with.
- Drop a line: Some users strictly do not approve requests from people they do not know. In this case, send them a direct message alternately. Please explain how you feel and let them know who you are and why you are interested in following them on Instagram. Be as honest as possible.
- Remind them: If you have met or seen them somewhere already, let them know. Try sending a DM like “Hi, you might or might not remember me, but we have recently met at your sister’s wedding.”
- Interact with them: If you can get their attention via direct messaging, encourage them to check out your Instagram profile. You may want to keep your account public. Make sure your posts are interesting so that they’ll feel constrained to accept your follow request.
2- Search their username on Instagram
You might not get far with this, but it might help a little. Here’s how you do it:
Log in to your Instagram and search for the person you are looking for. You will still be able to find their account even when it’s private.
Now, search their username on google.
High chances are they might have left some paths on the digital space before they switched to private on Instagram. If they have their pictures and information elsewhere, like a public Facebook account, then you can get their information quickly.
This may not be the most effective solution for your purpose. However, if you’re looking for further pictures or information about your target, this is a more reasonable way of doing it compared to our next solution.
3- Create fake accounts
If sending a follow request and DMs don’t work for you, don’t give up yet. There’s still hope! You can generate fake Instagram accounts. While this is not a method supported by Instagram, technically, it works. With this plan, the chances of you reaching through those private walls are high. Since this method is unscrupulous, you may want to reconsider it or restrict your access and usage. We don’t recommend this practice, so by all means, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Tips for creating a fake account on Instagram:
- Use proper photos. Make your fake profile as interesting as possible. We suggest creating a female persona.
- If you decide to create an account of a female user, upload pictures that display women’s interests, see what’s trending between female Instagrammers and use it to guide you.
- Try setting your fake account to private. This will generate curiosity for your target.
- Send a follow request to the Instagram account of the person you wish to see.
- If you don’t get any feedback yet, send them a DM and explain your intention to them.