Since its birth in 2016, the real-time Instagram live feature has become so popular that it is almost impossible to imagine Instagram without it. Live streaming is now one of the must have’s and must be watched features that no Instagram user wishes to miss. However, there have been times when users experienced frustration using live stories and complained about the problems they faced.
As the Instagram live is a real-time and immediate feature, missing it can be of great pain, especially if your best friend is holding a Live on a special event of her life and you cannot join her, all because of some pesky bugs. But don’t worry! We have some quick solutions to help you fix the problem. First, let’s see what challenges you might face when using live stories.
Instagram Live not working (possible issues)
The inconveniences you might face using the feature include:
- You might be unable to see your friends’ L
ivestreaming, or you see it with delay.
- You are unable to go live.
- Your live video cannot be displayed for your friends.
- The live feature on your Instagram disappears altogether.
These are the most common issues you might face using Instagram live, but some people are also experiencing other problems. Here we want to fix them.
Fix Instagram live not working
There are a few tips to get the problem fixed. They include:
- Restart your application. Close the Instagram app and restart it again. Most of the times, this sets a lot of problems. But if restarting your application didn’t work, then see the next solution.
- Restart your phone. At more severe times, a phone refreshing will do. This will allow a new start to your Phone’s operating system, and most bugs are fixed this way. Plus, powering off your device ensures that the Instagram app has been closed completely. Again not working? Go to the next line.
- If restarting your app nor your phone helped, try to log into your account on another device. If your account is working on another device correctly, the case is most likely that your phone is the main problem. In such a situation, you must repair the telephone through the original company’s agency or a phone hardware specialist.
- See if any update has been released for your device. Head to the App Store (for iOS) or Play Store (for Android) and look for the Instagram application if there are any updates to the app, download and install them. The new update may fix the bug.
- If none of the above solutions worked, try to uninstall Instagram from your phone and re-install it again.
- If this final solution didn’t work, then your last resort is to contact Instagram and ask them to help you.
How to contact Instagram?
There are two ways to contact Instagram:
- Go to Instagram help center and look for the problem you are facing using Instagram live. Most of the times, similar problems have happened to other users, so Instagram has created a page to explain how to fix that problem. Enter the keyword “Instagram live” in the search box and see what solutions are provided for you by Instagram.
- On the application tap “Settings,” then “Help” and finally “Report a problem.” A window appears, and you should select the last option “Report a problem.” Next page is where you can name your problem and leave upload screenshot if necessary. Finally, tap “submit.”
There are times when Instagram is facing some issues on the server-side. So if Instagram live is not working look for news and updates on google to see if they have announced any question regarding that. If this is the case, then you have no other choice to wait until they announce the problem fixed.
How to download live Instagram videos?
Since people could go live on Instagram, it is been an issue for fans and followers to watch the live later or increasingly.
Instagram users can save the live videos on their Instagram feed for followers to watch later. However, many of them will not do this because of many concerns like their privacy. There are some other tools available that you can use to record the live video from mobile or desktop.
If you are using desktop there are many tools available like SnagIt screen recorder. You can install and start recording the screen while watching a live video.
If you are going to record the live video on mobile phone, you can also search the app for android. However, iOS users can use the free tool available on their iPhone.
To record live videos on Instagram on iPhone:
- Go to Settings > Control Center > Customize Controls, then tap + next to Screen Recording.
- Back to the phone home, and Swipe up from the bottom. On iPhone X or later or iPad with iOS 12 or later, or iPadOS, swipe down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Press deeply on Recorder icon and wait for the three-second countdown.
- If you want to stop the recording, swipe up again and tap on the icon.
- It will save the video shortly to the galley (depends on the length of the video).
How to go live on Instagram from computer?
Indeed, you can only watch Instagram live from desktop. There are some tools available on the internet that claim you can go live on Instagram from their dashboard. However, many of these tools are no longer working because of Instagram limits (that does not allow third party apps provide such services).
But you watch live videos on laptop or desktop.
To watch live video from desktop:
- Open Instagram on a browser
- Login to your account by entering the username and password
- Once you logged in, right from dashboard on the right side you can see who are sharing live video
- Click on any live videos you want to watch