Finding Your Friends on Instagram
Having friends and interacting with them is essentially what puts the “social” in social networks. Luckily, Instagram knows that you have already amassed friends on other social networks, so it’s easy for you to find your friends on Instagram. . . .
A few more Instagram tips you don’t want to miss!
- First, tap the profile image on the bottom right of the screen (looks like a contact card), then select “Find Friends”.
- You can search to see if your Facebook and Twitter friends are using Instagram, as well as search friends from your phone’s Contact List. (This will help you find the friends you are already connected with on Facebook and Twitter.)
- Once you see the list of your friends on those networks that already have Instagram accounts, you can click “follow” next to their name to start following them. If their account is private, you may have to tap “request” instead, so they can approve the connection. You can also follow some of Instagram’s favorite people by clicking “Suggested Users” or take a look at Instagram’s Notable Users Directory to find users to follow based on your interests.
- You also may have friends that aren’t on Facebook or Twitter, but DO have an instagram account. You can search for these friends by selecting “search instagram” from the profile tab as well. You can search either by name, username or search through Instagram tags to find people sharing photos you might enjoy.
- Lastly, you can find friends by tapping the “popular” tab to see some of the most interesting photos on Instagram. If you see a photo you like, you can click on the user who uploaded the photo and start following them too.
To tag a friend in a comment or in the image itself, simply use the @ symbol and type the user’s name directly after that. Such as @SITSGirls!
So go find your friends and enjoy some Instagram bonding!