Does anyone else not getting notifications from Instagram? I just experienced this problem yesterday. So I searched around and found some solution to it, and I am going to share them with you in this article.
No one likes to miss an essential notification of their crush sending them a message. So, read on to fix this issue ASAP.
Fix 1: Restart your device
Obviously, there is no better way for you to fix any iOS problems than to have your phone restarted.
- The only thing you need to do is to press and hold the power button of your phone for a couple of seconds until you see a note on your screen that says “Slide to Power Off.”
- Slide the slider from left to right to turn off your phone. Once that your phone is fully turned off wait for a minute or two and turn it back on again.
- Remember that having your phone turned off will stop all the operations running on your phone. Some software bugs make many of these on your device. So, if you restart your phone, or even if you do a hard reset on your iPhone device, then it will boot up your device, and it will also have a fresh restart.
Fix 2: See if your phone is in silent mode
If you did turn your phone into silent mode, then there is an excellent chance that you won’t receive any notifications on your device. So, all you need to do is to toggle the silent switch to get out in Silent Mode.
Fix 3: Update your phone
Since Apple is always releasing a new update for its users, then you might want to try updating your phone as well, this will also fix some bugs and glitches on your phone. To update your device:
- Go to your Settings
- Go to General and then tap on Software Update.
- If there is an available software update, go ahead and hit on Download and Install.
Fix 4: check if “do not disturb” is on
Do Not Disturb or DND is actually one of the best features on iOS. If it is enabled on your phone, you won’t be able to receive any calls and notifications. If you notice see a moon icon at the top of your screen, then that means that DND is enabled. To turn this off:
- go to your Settings
- tap on Do Not Disturb and hit the off button next to it.
Fix 5: check your Instagram app notifications
Try to check this:
- Go to your Settings, and then choose Notifications.
- You’ll be able to see all your Apps that indicate if the notification is enabled
- tap on the Instagram App and then turn on “Allow Notification.”
Fix 6: Check your network connection
Remember you should be connected to a stable connection to be able to get Instagram notifications. Unless your phone is connected to a permanent network connection, you won’t be able to receive any instant notifications from Instagram.
Fix 7: Restore your device
Having your phone restored will fix any notifications that are not working such as your Instagram notification. Still, this should be your last option because restoring your phone will reset your phone and making it as good as new. Performing this on your phone will remove all of your saved data and settings. So make sure to get a backup of your necessary data.
Did you find our article helpful? If you have any other issues with your Instagram notifications, just tell us in the comments below.