How To Fix: «Unfortunately, Instagram has stopped»
Recently, users of Instagram official client for Android began to encounter errors in the processing of photographs. Initially, everything is as usual and nothing has signs of trouble: user selects the desired picture, crop it to the required size and load on the server. Next, opens processing mode and select the desired filter, however, the screen displays the following message: «Unfortunately, Instagram has stopped». The user can only click «OK» and is thrown to an initial step of selecting photos, while everything is repeated in a circle.
- Remove Instagram from Android-smartphone;
- Go to Google Play and disable applications auto-update (“Google Play” -> “Settings” -> “Auto-update applications” -> select “Never”);
- Download Instagram on this link (com.instagram.android.ver.6.9.1.build.4961472.apk) (same official client, but the older version) and install it on your phone. All older version Instagram APK you can find on this site – Free Download Instagram APK Last Version
- Go to Settings;
- Application Manager;
- All app tab;
- Find Instagram app and select it;
- Select clear data/Clear cache > Force stop;
- Go to the “Settings”;
- Find the item “About” and open it;
- Scroll down to “Build number” and click on it seven times;
- After the seventh pressing the system will inform the user that he became a developer. Paragraph “For Developers” will appear in the settings of the smartphone between “Print” and “About”;
- Go to “Developers” find “Speed up your GPU» and remove the check mark.
- Reboot your smartphone and check the work of Instagram.