Across the globe, there are over 800 million Instagrammers, more than 500 million of whom use Instagram every single day, sharing more than 250 million pieces of content each day. No matter who your audience is; age, gender, occupation, anything, you will be sure to reach them through Instagram. How then can one utilize this platform effectively for business growth?
Instagram has huge potential for marketers. But the potential in Instagram lies more in the user behavior than the numbers. Just like any other platform, it is important to determine the audience you want to reach before you begin marketing on Instagram. Some helpful factors to consider when narrowing down your audience on Instagram are age, location, gender, income, motivations and pain points.
For an effective Instagram marketing, one can monitor the popular event and interest hashtags that are related to your business. Find out who is using and engaging with the hashtags and check out their profiles. You can also take a look at your competitor’s followers.
Afterward, do a competitive analysis to see what other marketers in your field are posting. Conduct a quick audit of related accounts to see what type of posts are getting the highest engagements, what kind of captions they are writing, what hashtags they are using, how often they are publishing and how quickly they are growing. This information will serve as a benchmark as you grow your own account.
To get more likes on Instagram, automation tools like Instagram bots can be used. They are designed to help you perform such actions as liking, commenting, and following other accounts on Instagram through automation. With the help of Instagram bots, you can plug in parameters, like specific hashtags or accounts to target, and the bot does all the work for you.
Whether you are starting out or are already an established business with lots of followers, growing your followers takes serious time and energy. Don’t be tempted to take the easy way out to buy followers as this won’t get you any future engagement, which is actually what you need to make sure your posts are seen in a user’s feed. To get more followers on Instagram, here are a few things to do:
- Ensure your username is recognizable and searchable. If people can’t find you, they can’t follow you.
- Fill out your bio. This is the last thing someone sees before they make the decision to follow you so be sure to include who you are and what you do.
- Once your profile is optimized, start posting. It is a good idea to get a solid number of posts up (15 or so) before you really start engaging people and working hard to increase followers.
- Follow accounts that interest you and that relate to your business then interact with their contents.
- Encourage others to share your content.
- Promote your Instagram on other channels.
To Use Instagram for Business
Once you establish a dedicated follower base, you can start to convert those followers into paying customers. Here are a few ways to go about it:
- Promotions. Deals, discounts, BOGOs and other promotional offerings are a great way to drive first-time sales with your Instagram audience. Simply mention exactly what is needed to receive the promotional offer and include when the offer expires to create a sense of urgency.
- Contests. Promote contests by asking users to follow your account or post content with specific hashtags to enter. Let them try your products.
- Charity. Give back to your community. Doing this can build affinity for your brand and help turn followers into customers.
- Teasers. Show your audience glimpses of new products before they become available.
• Launch a product live. For certain launches, it may even make sense to showcase a new product or service using Instagram Live. You can quickly drive users to purchase by including a purchase link in your bio.