What can you do with a global audience of 800 million people? That’s what Instagram offers – over 800 million active users, 60% of which use the platform daily. With Instagram marketing, there is huge potential for growing your brand and landing sales for your business.
But first, you should understand the metrics to track growth for your brand:
- Number of Followers: This is basic. To get your word out there, you need devoted followers who see your posts. You want to get more followers on Instagram who will receive and spread your message.
- Follower Growth Rate: Even more important than the sheer number of followers you have is the rate at which your community increases. This is one of the surest ways to judge the effectiveness of your Instagram marketing strategies. If more people are following you, then you are doing something right.
- Content Engagement Rate: This is simply the rate at which people like, comment, and share your posts. A good content strategy will usually get you more likes on Instagram.
- URL Clickthrough Rate: Since your URL serves as a call-to-action when people click through, this gives you an idea of the number of people who are really interested in dealing with you. This is very important if you’re out not just to increase brand awareness but also to land sales.
Here are some Instagram marketing tips to help you get more followers on Instagram:
Instagram offers special tools suited for businesses. To access these benefits, you need to switch to a business profile. Some benefits of a business profile include:
- – Special contact buttons where people can click to contact you and learn more about your business details and product portfolio.
- – You get structured statistics of your reach and content impressions though Instagram Insights.
- – Your brand is given priority in your followers’ news feeds
- – You get tools to create, publish and monitor your Instagram ads – which lead us to the next point…
Build your profile bio to project the right image and message.
Your King—that is content—must always be spot on because when people log into Instagram or any other social platform, they don’t care about brands as much as their passion. Your target audience should find your brand firmly positioned at the center of their passions. To achieve this, your content must be relevant to your audience, timely, consistent, engaging, and appealing.
Plan a content calendar ahead of time and add content spontaneously in line with current trends. Make sure the pictures and videos project the image and culture of your brand. Always ask yourself, will my target audience want to share this content with their small community? This is the secret of social marketing.
Instagram, just like Snapchat and Twitter, is suited to celebrity figures with a large following. Most people see it as means of keeping in touch with their favorite celebrities and mentors. This makes it reasonable to partner with influencers who have already built a large audience.
The mistake some brands make however is to choose an influencer based on the sheer size of their followers. Wrong move. As with advertising, choose an influencer whose audience is built around the passions your brand promotes. Once Instagram influencers recommend your brand, they extend the trust their followers have for them to your brand, and that means a lot.
About 95% of Instagram users in the US are also on Facebook, and 54% and 49% are on Pinterest and Twitter, respectively. Leverage you fan base on other platforms to boost the reach of your Instagram content. People tend to accept a brand if they come across it in several places.
Also, apply this to your adverts – especially on Facebook and Instagram – to take advantage of Facebook’s robust ad manager.
Campaigns and contests drive brand awareness and grow your Instagram audience by involving outside content from individuals. The benefit is that people get to spread your brand among circles that know and trust them. You can organize like contests, comment contests, share and photo contests.
Always use appropriate hashtags when running campaigns and contests. You can have a brand hashtag and several campaign hashtags.
The thing about social media is that people want to interact with your brand as a “social being”. They want to seek direction and get responses from your brand and your content.
One way to achieve this is by using an Instagram bot.
An Instagram bot is a programmable tool that allows you to automate your Instagram tasks. Here are a few things an Instagram bot can do for you:
- Comment on posts on your behalf;
- Like posts on your behalf;
- Follow and unfollow people on your behalf; and
- Auto-new direct messages.
When utilized properly, Instagram bots like instazood can help you to get more followers on Instagram.
Of the over 8 million registered business accounts on Instagram, there’s a good chance you will have competition in your niche. Efforts made to create unique and content will pay off in the long run.