Instagram has rolled an update that will make us more obsessed about Instagram. It’s like how you can uninstall all of your other apps on your phone and have all their features on Instagram!
Instagram introduced a new feature that allows you to make direct video calls to your friends on Instagram. It can be very useful when you don’t want the person to have your phone number, right?
This feature (Instagram video chat) lets you chat one-on-one or with a group of your friends (up to four users).
So if you are wondering how does this come in handy, I can give you an example:
- Maybe someday you want to find your friends in some place like a jungle. GPS doesn’t work quite right there, and you can’t find each other by sending pictures, so you can video chat on Instagram and find out where they are.
- You can make it a conference call with your coworkers or your classmates to complete your project.
- You can hang out with 4 of your friends at the same time to get outfit advice for your date.
- You can throw an online class or whatever you want!
Now that you are excited enough about it Let’s find out how to work with it:
First, you should update your Instagram app version to the latest version. After that to start a video chat:
- swipe right into the direct section of your Instagram app.
- Open the message thread for the friend that you want to video chat with.
- Tap the new camera icon at the top right, and then you will start calling your friend.
- You can video chat with anyone (or groups) that you have an active direct message thread with.
- After you are done chatting you should tap the red phone icon at the bottom to end the video call.
You can minimize your video chat window so you can still check your feed, look at messages, send images and like pictures and still stay on your call.
To customize the experience, tap the gear icon on your profile page to fiddle with notifications and block or mute anyone you don’t want bothering you.