We wish there were a crystal ball that we could just look into and find out the best time to post on Instagram, but unfortunately, there is no magic number. The best time to post on Instagram depends on your target audience. But don’t worry, because we are going to help you find the best time to post on Instagram in 2019.
One thing that all people seem to agree on is that the weekdays are better than weekends to post on Instagram. But, if you are trying to grow your Instagram account, we recommend posting on a daily basis.
When is the best time to post on Instagram?
Researches show that the best time to post on Instagram is when users are looking for a distraction from work or having some downtime.
- Early mornings: some people check Instagram before getting out of bed when they wake up.
- Lunch break on weekdays: 11 am to 1 pm
- After work time: 5 pm to 8 pm
- Weekend afternoons: the time when most people sleep in
You can schedule your content to post on these times to get in the feed at the right moment for maximum engagement.
Impact of posting time on organic engagement
Every social media marketer knows that Instagram’s engagement is not what it used to be. Previously you used to be able to reach all of your followers with every post, but today that number is reduced as Instagram has started to place more emphasis on their paid advertising services. Despite these changes, Instagram accounts with a loyal following and high engagement rates can still reach a high percentage of their followers and grow organically today.
Since the entire algorithm isn’t public, one main factor Instagram uses while determining the organic reach and quality of the post is the engagement and responses the post gets when it’s viewed soon after sharing. The speed in which the post receives positive engagement is a massive indicator that the platform uses when determining if it is high quality and should be expanded on their feed.
How to find out the best time to post on Instagram?
- Define your target audience’s time zone: if you own a local business, you would already know the time zone of your target audience based on your location. The exception to this guideline is if you’re located in Las Vegas or run a business related to tourism that is mainly supported by travelers.
- Understand your target audience’s schedule: if your target audience is still on school or works a general 9 am – 5 pm workday, then you should post around their lunchtime (11 am – 1 pm) or on 5 pm – 7 pm when most people are going out of their office and talking or driving in the public transportation.
- Weekends vs. weekdays: the recent studies have shown that engagement is a little higher on weekdays as users are in their daily routines and use Instagram during long commutes and downtime. Weekdays afternoons are the optimal time to schedule the post to maximum reach and engagement.
When is the best time to post for small businesses?
Usually, for most local businesses, the best time to post on the platform is during the early evenings and midday. Some particular brands such as restaurants, bars, and nightclubs may benefit from posting on days near the end of the week when people may be thinking about planning their weekend.
How can I get more specific times to post based on my followers?
We recommend switching your Instagram account to a business profile. With the business profile, you can get specific insights about your profile, your posts, and your followers. It will give you the top states and cities where your followers are located out of, and the specific days and hours each day when your audience are active on Instagram the most.
How to find this information on my business account?
- Go to your Instagram profile
- Tap on the insight icon at the top right
- Tap on “audience.”
- Scroll down to the end of the page to find “Top locations” and “followers” to see the location and the time when your audience are in the app most often.
Once you have access to these Instagram insights which are personalized for your own account, you can define the best time to post on Instagram based on those peak hours are given. And after that, you can use Instazood schedule feature to plan your post ahead of that time to get the maximum engagement.
Want more help promoting your Instagram? Try Instazood!Or if you have any further questions, you can ask us in the comments below.